Pages

Monday 19 April 2010

There's nothing to show for the light inside.

I'm quite excited. I've just finished polishing vocals for the title track and I feel like it's the best song I've written for a while. Your confidence in your own ability can get knocked around a bit sometimes, particularly when going through a creatively arid spell. This one is coming together quite nicely though and I'm juiced up with some other song ideas too. Good stuff. I think Subterranean (the song) has the best bridge I've written. I normally struggle with the middle 8 part of a song so this is quite some progress. The structure of the song starts out quite delicately but morphs into a kind of verve-esque outro. No bad thing I say (well, I would say that).
If I were to sum up the theme of the song in one word I would have to say "introverts." Luckily I don't have to, so will probably post again soon with a clip from the song with the lyrics. The song contains the line "comes alive in the sound" from which the more astute of you will recognise as this blog address. Fascinating trivia!

No comments:

Post a Comment